Summary
Ailsa is dead. Leaving Morven the last surviving changeling in the village. Everyone knows it is only a matter of time before she too is dead. Desperate to find out why the fairies steal human babies, and to save her own life, she leaves her family behind, travelling north into the fairy kingdoms with her best friend.
They soon find that making their way through vast magical forests, across kelpie-ridden lochs and over seemingly endless mountain ranges is more than they were prepared for. Despite the countless evenings spent listening to stories about adventures, fairies and magic, they find themselves out of their depth. Fighting to stay alive.
Meanwhile in the fairy kingdoms, Princess Freya of Culhuinn struggles to cope with life now that her love has been taken from her. Whilst Queen Euna of Norbroch spends more time lost in her memories than she does ruling her kingdom.
One changeling's journey to save her life will alter their world forever.
Review
This was a very different and interesting read for myself. I was intrigued by the synopsis, the idea of an adventure, a journey. So I jumped at the chance to beta read for the lovely Christine. Also this book has a map and it is glorious and I cry!
This standalone novel follows young Morven, a changeling who is decides to go on an adventure or for her a quest to save herself - going on an adventure is seen as a norm, which is fricking epic, for young children and I love it. I mean I would absolutely kill to go on an adventure; like young Morven and her best friend Glen OR even like Bilbo Baggins hehe - sorry I couldn't resist.

We also get the perspective of Euna; Queen of Norbroch and Freya; princess of Culhuinn. I loved seeing the different aspects of each kingdom and they were so different from one another. Through their rulers, their traditions - everything was beautiful. Each character has their own personal struggle, their own battle and I was intrigued with how they all fit together in this one story! Damn did they play out so well. SO DAMN GOOD.
Christine had managed to make me love Scotland even more. I loved finding out new things and I totally felt Morven's and Glen's pain walking up mountains - I suffered through two mountain walks myself, for a good cause, it was epic. So read now and travel on a journey to find the truth. To help prevent any future losses and ultimately go on one epic adventure - full of fairies and magic and maybe discover your own, hidden inner strength.
No comments:
Post a Comment