Summary

Summary from Goodreads
In this action-packed sequel to Frostblood, the future of Ruby's world and a court ruled by the love of her life depends on the uncovered secrets of her past.
Against all odds, Ruby has defeated the villainous Frost King, and melted his throne of ice. But the bloodthirsty Minax that was trapped inside is now haunting her kingdom and everyone she loves. The answers to its demise may lie to the south in Sudesia, the land of the Firebloods, and a country that holds the secrets to Ruby's powers and past...
Despite warnings from her beloved Arcus, Ruby accompanies a roguish Fireblood named Kai to Sudesia, where she must master her control of fire in a series of trials to gain the trust of the suspicious Fireblood queen. Only then can she hope to access the knowledge that could defeat the rampaging Minax, which grows closer every moment. Nut as sparks fly in her moments alone with Kai, hoe can Ruby decide whom to trust? The fate of both kingdoms is now in her hands.
![]() |
| Summary from Goodreads |
In this action-packed sequel to Frostblood, the future of Ruby's world and a court ruled by the love of her life depends on the uncovered secrets of her past.
Against all odds, Ruby has defeated the villainous Frost King, and melted his throne of ice. But the bloodthirsty Minax that was trapped inside is now haunting her kingdom and everyone she loves. The answers to its demise may lie to the south in Sudesia, the land of the Firebloods, and a country that holds the secrets to Ruby's powers and past...
Despite warnings from her beloved Arcus, Ruby accompanies a roguish Fireblood named Kai to Sudesia, where she must master her control of fire in a series of trials to gain the trust of the suspicious Fireblood queen. Only then can she hope to access the knowledge that could defeat the rampaging Minax, which grows closer every moment. Nut as sparks fly in her moments alone with Kai, hoe can Ruby decide whom to trust? The fate of both kingdoms is now in her hands.
Review
Holy shit guys! After devouring Frostblood I was in desperate need of Fireblood and now I'm in desperate need of the final book - Nightblood, holy crap! Elly Blake has seriously met my expectations with book 2. Following Ruby to Sudesia - land of the Firebloods, was one of hell of a fricking journey.
With the aftermath of destroying the Ice throne and some hella life threatening discoveries, Arcus is the rightful king of a divided country of Frostbloods. And Ruby and Brother Thistle search every book to find a way to destroy the Minax. But will they succeed? Personally I was worried that Arcus would be different hence the reason for a new guy, but despite things not going as planned I can confirm Arcus is very much still our beloved Arcus. Just like Frostblood, this book does contain some cliche YA tropes which I won't name because they are intricately embedding into the plot and to be honest they fit in well.
The vast different from Tempesia and Sudesia was amazing. Personally I may have a soft spot for Sudesia and Firebloods - the simply notion of wielding fire and the way they do is stunning. Ruby once again, is an amazing protagonist to see this story unfold through, but the after math of destroying the throne has left her shaken but determined nonetheless. Her inner struggle for freedom from the visions and her battle for her feeling for Kai was interesting. Despite knowing there was going to be another guy on the scene, I instantly liked Kai and his easy demeanor. I just hope things end well for all three of them because I care for them all and I truly despise love triangles.
The plot was amazing, again I guessed some of the plot twists but other were hella surprising. New characters were simply an amazing addition to the current cast. I really liked the Queen of Sudesia and Prince Eiko. Seriously likable characters. I really enjoyed the added storied of all the gods. This was a mind-blowing sequel, and Elly had outdone herself creating something far more intricate and engaging. Step into a journey to the south, where Sudesia calls for Ruby, and beware of the lava that burns hotter than Firebloods.
No comments:
Post a Comment