Wednesday, 16 April 2014

Review: Forbidden #2 by Jana Oliver

Summary


10308452
Hell has a plan for Riley Blackthorne...

Riley's beginning to think being a demon trapper isn't all it's cracked up to be. Her dad's been stolen by a necromancer, her boyfriends's gone all weird and she''s getting warm fuzzy feeling for someone who's got more secrets than the CIA. It's tempting to give it all up and try be normal, but that's not an option with Hell watching her every move.

One mistake will cost her everything - 
and that's the one she's about to make... 

Review


This is the second installment in The Demon Trappers series and just as thrilling as the first book, Forsaken. In the first book we see Riley go on a journey to become a better trapper just like her father, but things don't all go to plan when Riley is plucked out of her life and put in to a completely different world, one that doesn't include her father, and is that the worse part of what is to come in Forbidden?   

After completing Forsaken over a 100 times until Forbidden came out I was ready for whatever Jana had in store and was ecstatic when I finally had the book in my hands. I decided that with this book i'll pace it out well instead of finishing it all at once, did that happen? Hell No!! I was hooked, once again from the first page, loving the view points of Rileys and Becks. With this book it keeps intact the characters feelings for one another and most importantly makes it clear on how each character progresses with everything that happened at the end of Forsaken. With Riley we all know she is a 'Kick-ass Demon hunter' and the ONLY girl on the guild and can keep them all on their toes but we get to see that she's just a girl at the end of the day who suffers with the loss of her parents and doesn't want to lose her boyfriend Simon. Lose him? Yup, read it to find out how. 

Not only do we see Riley open up we get to know more on characters who where very mysterious in Forsaken, and by mysterious I mean, "more secrets that the CIA" mysterious; and that is Ori. Ori plays a big role in Forbidden and is there for Riley when things get heated up with everyone and everything, we get to know more of him other than the whole I'm a "Freelance Hunter" crap he gives in Forsaken, which does a whole lot more for the readers. Same goes for Simon, boy did he bring a whole new level of plot twist in the book!!! The way things ended with Riley and Simon in Forsaken, I really didn't think, hell it didn't even cross my mind that he would actually do what he did in Forbidden, guess your going to have to read it now. Muwahaha you will not be disappointment. Things go all crazy when the Vatican Hunters are knocking on her door, because of ..... (and that is the biggest spoiler one cannot give away in a review) 

Beck is still my number one blonde hunter regardless of how Ori is like. With his 'I don't give a crap' demeanor in place since Forsaken it becomes quite hard to distinguish what he really is feeling, that is until now where he true feelings come to light, but just because we know them doesn't mean with a blink of an eye he'll get them *sad face*. Nope, not that easily. More complications arise for both Beck and Riley, more than one can expect with how Forbidden ends. And all I can do is root for Beck and hope he gets what he wants, not without a fight!! Like who doesn't want Beck to kick some ass to get what he wants? I sure as hell want him to do just that. 

Forbidden brings previous characters out in the open such as Grand Master Stewart who is totally amazing at what he does, and by far the BEST Grand Master I have and ever will read about!! Not only do we get more on the Grand Master Stewart we also get a more inside look on Master Harper who is right old sod to Riley and her being in the whole Guild in Forsaken, but gradually he wins us all over as he is totally cool with what he does with Riley and how he becomes an awesome mentor for her as well. 

With that being said Forbidden is the most fast-paced, thrilling book that I have ever read, besides Forsaken obviously, Jana has done an amazing job once again putting Riley in a completely new situation with Heaven and Hell being the key players. Not only do we see more in to previous characters we get new characters who just happen to be an annoying reporter who becomes quite a nuisance for all!! This book brings you an amazing journey through hardship and ease being the key to all the players motivation to win. The cliff-hangers, oh I must say Jana has a way of ending a book and having us all waiting impatiently for the next book, I sure as hell was the most impatient of them all. What will come next for Riley and Beck? Forgiven has the answer to all of our questions. 

Forbidden - Jana Oliver 5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment