Summary
![]() |
| Summary from Goodreads |
The dream chooses the dreamer, mot the other way around - and Lazlo Strange, was orphan and junior librarian, has always feared that his dream chose poorly. Since he was five years old he's been obsessed with the mythic lost city of Weep, but it would take someone bolder than he to cross half the world in search of it. Then a stunning opportunity presents itself, in the person of a hero called the Godslayer and a band of legendary warriors, and he has to seize his chance or lose his dream forever.
What happened in Weep two hundred years ago to cut it off from the rest of the world? What exactly did the Godslayer slay that went by the name of god? And what is the mysterious problem he now seeks help in solving?
The answers await in Weep, but so do more mysteries - including the blue-skinned goddess who appears in Lazlo's dreams. How did he dream her before he knew she existed? And if all the gods are dead, why does she seem so real?
The shadows of the past is as real as the ghosts who haunt the citadel of murdered gods. Fall into a mythical world of dread and wonder, moths and nightmares, love and carnage.
Welcome to Weep.
Review
This book was all sorts of strange and I loved it. There's always a certain something we all expect from authors and from Laini Taylor it's strange and crazy. When I first heard Laini Taylor was coming out with a new book, I was ecstatic and in constant thought of what it could be, and guys it did not disappoint.
Strange the Dreamer followers the life of young and ambitious Lazlo Strange. Lazlo - an orphan, a monk and a librarian. Books are his weapon but stories of myths and legends are his life. I really liked Lazlo, through him you see the true meaning of a book worm - especially when you get a broken nose from a book, you know you have achieved high level of being a book worm. Sarai - young, powerful Sarai, some say her powers are a gift, others, a horror. Living far up in the Citadel, we see the city of Weep differently and through Sarai we see everything, after all, Sarai can wake in peoples dreams. But is that all? Can we also appreciate the fact the MCs are 20ish, no disrespect to the younger achievers, but yas, bout time we 20 year old's slayed.
Tries to forget I'm turning 21 in two weeks...
Gods and Myths are the very core of this book and I love it. They shape the story and link two lives together simply through the legend that is known as the Godslayer. The plot was always at a steady, even like pace. I found it at times to be dull, simply because I craved action. But other times I enjoyed finding out more of the city of Weep and all the gods and legends. At times it could get a bit info dumping, and I did get confused. Also, I really wished there was more on the secondary characters - they have so much potential, and through what we see in Strange the Dreamer, some are cray cray but others absolutely amazing and so precious.
Honestly, I could read anything by Laini Taylor, I find Taylor to take fantasy to whole new and bizarre level, defying rules and making magic happen between pages. The last 100 or so pages really picked up with the action and the plot twist, though I did see it coming, but what a plot twist it was. I need more.
Taylor managed to weave together a whole new world, with characters I care about and gods I want to know more about. Embark on a new journey with out very own librarian, Lazlo Strange who dreams of a forgotten city and a blue skinned goddess. Gods and legends, stories and myth, a boy, a girl and a simple thing; a dream.

No comments:
Post a Comment