Summary
Jackson Meyer is hiding a secret. He can time-travel. But he doesn't know how he does it, how to control it or what it means. When Jackson, and his girlfriend Holly, find themselves in fatal danger, Jackson panics and catapults himself two years into his past, further than he's ever managed before, and this time he can't find a way back to the future.
All the rules of time-travel he's experienced so far have been broken and Jackson has no choice but to pretend to be his younger self whilst he figures out a solution. Jackson is tearing himself apart with guilt and frustration, wondering if Holly survived. He's also become the target of an unknown enemy force and it seems even his dad is lying to him. Jackson is racing against time to save the girl he loves, but to do that he must first discover the truth about his family and himself.
Review
Tempest was the first book that I read about time travelling and it totally blew me away. This is a book that I won through +MyKindaBook on twitter and boy was I over the moon; after all it was the first book that I ever won that too when I recently made a twitter account. So there I am eagerly waiting for the book and it comes and I started reading it and didn't put it down until my sister had to snatch it out of my hands, so she could sleep. Who needs sleep when they have amazing books to read, right? Unluckily I had to finish the book the next day, and I dearly wished I hadn't read that fast, I wanted answers to so many questions after reading the end.
Jackson is an interesting character who we get to see the book unravel through, and It was interesting to read a book through a male perspective, seeing that the dominant narrators we read regularly are females, it definitely was good for a change. Not only does Jackson not know about how he got his abilities and to what extent he can go back in time, we get to go on a journey with him where alongside him, we also get to find out the truth which made it more realistic to how we felt. We knew what he was feeling and how he was reacting to everything that was going on around him. Most of all Jackson was the type of guy that loved openly, showed his feelings, fears and tried his damn well best just to get back to the girl who he loves. Adam; Jackson's best friend who helps him when he goes on these little trips back in time, he is always there, helping Jackson figure out how his abilities work. there friendship was an interesting read.
Holly is totally amazing; her and Jackson's relationship is totally 'Normal' not too much of something that regular couples don't do. It was really amazing to read their couple scenes some where totally hilarious and some downright heartbreaking. Not only is there relationship totally cute, they end up having regular fights but I really wished Holly knew from the beginning about Jackson's 'ability'.
Not only does Tempest bring us regular relationships, it brings us an action packed and totally unexpected ending that even I didn't see coming. I haven't read this book in a long time but from what I can remember this book totally blew me away, despite there being minor flaws I was totally in awe and wanting more till the last page was turned. This book brings you heart-felt relationship, sacrifices, action and most of all it brings you the chance to read about one amazing guy trying right the wrongs and keeping his loved ones safe, and most of all running against time.
No comments:
Post a Comment