Summary

In a time when Shadow-hunters are barely winning the fight against the force of darkness, one battle will change the course of history forever.
The year is 1878. Tessa Gray descends into London's dark supernatural underworld in search of her missing brother. She soon discovers that her only allies are the demon slaying Shadow-hunters - including Will and Jem, the mysterious boys she is attracted to. Soon they find themselves up against the Pandemonium Club, a secret organization of vampires, demons, warlocks, and humans. Equipped with a magical army of unstoppable clockwork creatures, the Club is out to rule the British Empire, and only Tessa and her allies can stop them.
Review
The Clockwork Angel is the first in a compelling trilogy with an even more compelling name; The Infernal Device. Set in a time long before now, is a young girl, Tessa who's powers not even the Shadow-hunters can explain or even the Downworlders. TID and TMI, both of the same background but of different plot line. Once I had heard both of these were written by the amazing Cassandra Clare the first thing that popped in to my mind was " Um which one am I supposed to read first?!" And finally on Goodreads the best advice was to read TID because it gave more of the Shadow-hunters background and I just had to read about this intriguing William Herondale, and I must say after reading this novel I am a big fan of Will.
Throughout the whole novel the only thing that kept coming to my mind was "please don't let there be a love triangle, I love all the characters and a love triangle will not do justice to this novel", so when it became clear that Will and Tessa had mutual feelings, I thought it was the best thing EVER. From the start I just adored Will more, maybe because of his love with literature, maybe. Which in this case is a YES IT IS BECAUSE OF THAT. But Will kept shutting her out, though we didn't learn straight away why, it became much clearer later on. *Not going to say what but it broke my heart*.
When that kept happening we started to get more insight on Jem and his "condition" I really like Jem he's down to earth and the peacemaker especially when it came to situations including Will. I absolutely loved Will and Jem's relationship, though they were not real brothers; being Parabatai was much more special for them. Cassandra has done a wonderful job portraying their relationship and that's what I loved most actually. The story-line was equally gripping as was each relationship in this novel,Tessa and Will, Charlotte and Henry who's relationship was so damn cute and sometimes heartbreaking when it came to people questioning Henry's capability. Oh lets not forget Jessamine who was possibly the only Shadow hunter who didn't want to be a Shadow-hunter, her and Wills relationship was pure banter and bickering, which was a nice mix to the story-line which was quite serious at times.
Cassandra has done a really good job bringing this novel. Though it is not the same as The Mortal Instruments, it has it own unique part, as each character was reserved to an extent that shows they are from the 18th century. Again I loved the setting of this novel, London which was pretty awesome if you ask me, why because I don't visit London much even though it's a couple hour drive away, and reading about it was much more vivid with how I had pictured it in my mind. The Dark Sisters where a whole new level of crazy, they were the reason why Tessa had to come to London, they were the reason why Tessa became aware of her abilities and the reason Will and Jem stumbled upon young Tessa with a jug as a weapon. This novel brings you 18th century terror, past London setting, The Pandemonium Club, something far worse that the Dark Sisters and whole new game which has Tessa, Will and Jem at the heart of it all. And most importantly who is the Magister?
No comments:
Post a Comment