Summary
Cornwall, 1640: Gentle young Dora Predennick, newly come to Sweetclover Hall to work, discovers a badly-burnt woman at the bottom of a flight of stairs. When she reached out to comfort the dying woman, she's knocked unconscious, only to wake, centuries later, in an empty laboratory room.
On a rainy night in present day Cornwall, seventeen-year-old Kaz Cecka sneakes into the long-abandoned Sweetclover hall, determined to secure a dry place to sleep. Instead he finds a frightened housemaid who believes Charles I is king and and angry girl who claims to come from the future.
Thrust into the centre of an adventure that spans millennia, Dora, Kaz and Jana must learn to harness powers they barely understand to escape not only villainous Lord Sweetclover but the forces of a fanatical army... all the while staying one step ahead of a mysterious woman known only as Quill.
Review
Timebomb, the first book which I hope is not the last. A compelling and very gripping read, not only does it incorporate time traveling it has more than three people who can, wait more like a LOT of people. I was so EXICTED to be reading a time traveling novel after a very long time. Thinking back it was Tempest by Julie Cross. After reading Timebomb it is now one of the best time traveling books I have read it was just amazing.
Each character had a huge role to play in finding the curious Quil, each were distinct and different. And that's what I loved the most, that they all where different; Jana being a leader and a risk taker which isn't really 'her' it's programmed in to her, not making any sense? Read it and it'll become way more clear. Kaz, sweet and understanding and knows how to deal with situations, especially after he discovered he could time travel, then everything was exciting and like an adventure but then things got serious. And finally we have Dora the youngest of them all but the most challenging one, and at the end I was very happy with how things worked out for her or will work out. What I liked the most was how Scott had alternated the chapters between each of them and other characters who joined later on, giving us and making us feel and experience what each of them where feeling and trust me for each character there was a HUGE difference.
The plot line was very confusing, yet so intense. Not once did I feel like skipping or putting it down until I could handle how it was going. With the first couple of chapters we find out more about each of them and who Sweetclover is, oh and who this doppelgänger is and that is when the action starts with Jana, Kaz and Dora at the heart of it all against a force that will alter their presents having a knock on affect on their future. Will Jana, Kaz and Dora stop bickering long enough to find Quil and what does she want with Jana's chip? What will happen to Kaz and Jana? Will Dora save her family from Sweetclover?
Scott has done a really great job with this amazing time traveling novel especially the idea of Jana, Kaz and Dora being from the future, present and past. I loved how Dora was so demanding with answers with questions about all the technology and how Jana didn't go down without a fight. All supporting characters helped Jana, Kaz and Dora to find the truth and defend those who are worth defending; Thomas, Dora's father and Dora's mother, Sarah. Mountfort who was ultimately the reason for Dora's escape, James who's story you must read to find out. This novel brings you a whirl-winding adventure that will turn into life or death for all those involved, learning to trust, but most of all defeating an enemy that only wishes harm upon Jana, Kaz and Dora.

No comments:
Post a Comment