Summary
Britt Pfeiffer has never been that adventurous, but that's about to change. Wanting to impress her ex-boyfriend, Britt convinces best friend, Korbie, to take a trekking trip with her. But when a freak storm leaves the girls stranded they seek shelter in a cabin, where they find two knights in shining Armour. Or so they think.
Britt quickly realizes that the girls need to get off the mountain, fast. In exchange for her life, she is forced to guide the boys down, and as they set out on a harrowing journey through the cold and snow, Britt realizes the only way to escape with her life is to pretend she is on their side. But is gorgeous, sexy Mason an enemy or an ally? Tension mounts, and it's only matter of time before things turn deadly...
Review
I knew the minute this book was released that I was going to buy it, not because of how hyped up this book was, it was simply because Becca Fitzpatrick had written it. After reading and waiting excruciatingly for each book in The Hush Hush series I knew that I would buy any book written by Becca. And this book has live up to my expectations.
The characters in Black Ice where completely different and that's what I liked. The way Britt had to start doing things for herself, though at some parts she kept hoping for either her dad, Ian or Calvin to come and save her. Why? Because she was dependent on them. It's not a bad thing everyone is dependent on someone and that's not easy to change. Korbie who expected her flirty attitude to save them from the storm outside. Mason who cannot be figured out straight away only the fact that he tried to get Britt and Korbie out of the cabin, what happened next was something totally unexpected for some but totally expected for others.
The plot line was intriguing and captivating. Though I found it predictable after Mason and Britt where left alone I was still gripped, I wanted to know if whatever I thought was true and how Becca had written it. I'm not sure if it being predictable was intended or not but it was definitely a great twist to the novel with whatever was to come for Britt. I found it nice to read something that didn't focus mainly on the romance, but on the whole part of SURVIVING! And the fact that it didn't stray away from the main part of the novel was amazing. Britt put Korbie's life before hers, making excuses ever time so they took her instead of Korbie, which I loved. BUT after everything that happened I wanted to know what happened to their friendship that was formed way before Britt went out with Calvin but sadly we don't - did I mention Korbie and Calvin are brother and sister? No
![]() |
| Ummmmm moving on.... |
Well, Becca has done an amazing job bringing us this novel, I honestly felt like I was stuck with Britt in the snow storm, thinking exactly the same thing, hoping for the same thing even when it came to Mason *wink wink*. Speaking of Mason he was a well described and portrayed character. We see him develop throughout, gradually finding out why he did what he had done and that ending O M G. That ending seriously done it for me, Though I really hoped there was more to the ending I was satisfied and very willing to re-read this novel again, especially during winter. The romantic part of the novel was a definite plus, making everything more interesting as to what will happen to their relationship? Is it worth it? and will Britt be able to make the right decisions when it came to the one she loves and the ones she cares about? This novel brings you a captivating plot line, mysterious Mason who has more sides to him than a CIA agent - if that is even possible - but mainly it has a daughter, a friend willing to sacrifice it all to survive a snow storm and save those she cares about.


No comments:
Post a Comment