Okay, this is my first discussion on The Book Chapter and the situation that I am currently in really made me want to express my thought on it and definitely get some tips or advice from you all in the blogasphere. So get ready guys, pull up a chair and grabs some snacks because this one is something we ALL relate too;
READING SLUMPS *Inserts horror tune* because this is totally equivalent to a freaking horror movie, and I'm just going to act as if the banner above didn't just give away the topic.
So firstly I don't tend to get reading slumps that often, probably once or twice a year but since I have started blogging it just left me like this;
AND THIS
LETS NOT FORGET THIS
 |
| Can't forget Dean |
I really like to stick to a schedule, sometimes a reading slump is good it gives me a break from my crazy life. BUT sometimes - especially at the end of the year- it doesn't. Since college has started I roughly read 3 books a month and this month started off pretty well, BUT - oh god please let someone else have experienced what I am about to say - I read this amazing book, Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch (you can see me review
here) and it left me in crazy hangover which lead to a reading slump and not feeling up to blogging. Reading slump + college work + UCAS =
AND THIS
SO... what are you tips or advice on reading slumps, because this is a serious topic! Also I have a book giveaway over on my Twitter account, which you can check out here. Maybe it will help you with your reading slumps.
 |
| I feel just like Dean! "Score on finally writing a blog post" |
Happy Reading!!!
I hate reading slumps. The only tip I have/What I do is just force myself. Sometimes it can just be hard to get back into it so I basically wait and I will go back to it eventually :)
ReplyDeleteYup it is pretty hard to get back into reading, hope it doesn't take long for me, need to complete my Good-reads challenge :)
Delete