Tuesday, 3 March 2015

Review | The Dolls #1 by Kiki Sullivan

Summary


24393880Boys want them. Girls want to be them. Someone wants them dead.

Peregrine Marceau and Chloe St. Pierre are the Dolls, Impossibly beautiful and dangerously powerful, they hols the town of Carrefour under their spell. Yet newcomer Eveny Chevy is not so easily swayed by their glamour - until she discovers she is a Doll too. And when a killer sneaks past the locked gates of Carrefour, only the Dolls' combined powers can stop the murderer in their midst.

Sultry, seductive, irresistible... Welcome to Carrefour. 



Review


I do not know where to start off this review. You can blame that on the lack of posts I've been writing or simply blame it on college. Wow, college is making a reputation with the amount of things I blame on it. Oh well, it deserves it. But none the less lets get back on topic of The Dolls by Kiki Sullivan. This book was an interesting read for me personally, I knew this was going to be something different to my usual choice of books but I guess I needed it, after all the last book I read was around the beginning of January. Okay, stop judging me. 

I don't want to give much of the plot line away because it releases in March but this book is a must read if you're after something weird, mystical, most of all full of witches and charms. However though this novel is based around voodoo and New Orleans - which is awesome by the way - I just didn't seem to see much of the surrounding whilst reading, and that is a big thing for me because I like to visualize the area and the surrounding. Though, in the last couple of chapters I could totally picture the New Orleans partying style - give me some credit guys, after all I do watch The Originals and they got mad partying skills in New Orleans - Carrefour, on the other hand is something you have to experience when you read it. 

The so called Dolls, Peregrine and Chloe really annoyed me at times - okay all the time -, like come on someone is out there hunting you down and all you want to do is whip up some charms to have the best clothes, figure and get guys to like you and fall all over you, just because of some stupid PARTY?!! SERIOUSLY? Come on. Eveny - also a Doll - had more sense to see the danger around her, though at times she made me put the book down and just say "how on earth is she not having a breakdown with everything she just learnt", like who wouldn't have a break down by moving from Brooklyn to isolated Carrefoure. WHAT?!!

HOWEVER, Kiki has done an awesome job bringing this novel, this book cannot be predicted it sure left me wanting more and teetering on the edge of my seat until after the last page was read.... Which left me in an even more OMG state - guess you'll have to read it to find out - but that ending, need the next book. This book has everything from mysterious murders, misfit high schoolers but most of all a new life for Eveny with unfathomable powers, after all she is a Doll.

The Dolls - Kiki Sullivan 4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment