Sunday, 8 November 2015

What Have I been Up To?

Date: Unknown

This feels like one of those diaries/events thingies you read in one of those zombie Apocalypse books and it is awesome, well not awesome if it was an Apocalypse but I honestly feel brain dead from all the information I've consumed these past 4 weeks. 

This is a slight odd and random post that I decided to piece together here and there - for you all to see that I have not abandoned you and to read about what I've been up too - mainly whenever I get the chance to go on my laptop for things other than university, university and oh wait, university.

Things have and still are quite crazy and intense right now, from a peaceful summer to the first semester of university and to be quite honest, it literally feels like someone came along and pressed the on button to 'reality' in my life. So far I am handling it quite well, I mean, I do have the one off "what the hell am I doing" moments, I mean who doesn't. And if you're reading this and do not experience any of what I just said... TELL ME YOUR SECRET! That isn't to say I'm not enjoying myself, I've made great friends and it feels amazing to be one out of a handful of women in an all male dominated course. I guess I should tell you want it is; Computing. Yes, technology, computers, wires blah blah blah. I guess I should probably get back to writing up notes on networking for the big exam(s) coming up.

P.S. Went to watch Crimson Peak and OMG Tom Hiddleston is so gorgeous and even though I'm British, that accent is to die for, which I do not have sadly, but people say I do have a slight accent. But watching Tom Hiddleston was so good and the movie was intense and a bit slow at times but Tom just being in the movie made up for it all.

Date: Completely random 

I met the amazing Leigh Bardugo and Nina Douglas at the Magic and Mayhem book stop in Birmingham last weekend. It was absolutely amazing and you can read all about it here it's full of pictures too.  

I also have a reading week off from university, I mean what's wrong with calling it half term. Come on, university get with it. I'm hoping to be able to read one book but with all the assignment deadlines and upcoming exams I highly doubt I'll be able to finish it. *sigh* what has life come too.
UPDATE: Wasn't able to start a book or even read the first sentence of a book. Unless you class my university books as books and not torture then, well... meh

Certain events took place recently - which I don't feel comfortable talking about - that set me back a bit from a lot of things. I hope I get over it soon but I felt like adding this in. 

In more fun and procrastination news I've been weekly keeping up with my long list of shows. And trust me there's a LOT. Instead of watching each day when the episode airs I leave them all till the weekend and binge watch the week shows. Soon I won't be able to do that because of priorities - gosh, I can't believe I just said that. Summer binge watch is going to be CRAZY! 

You can probably tell that the events above didn't all take place in two days. The very conspicuous dates are there to show when I was able to write all of them down. Wow, only two times Shazina, nice one. I mean, we can all agree that I won't do well in a Zombie Apocalypse, actually not the whole diary entry thing but other aspects I will excel in*. 

*Note to all future Zombie Apocalypse groups, you need me *wink wink*

So how has your semester of university or college/school term been. Let me know, let's share the pain or happiness. 

UPDATE: I completely forgot to publish this during my week off, sorry. I'm busy revision for amnexam coming up next week. Forgive me, guys. But hope you enjoy this random post.

I am more active during these times on my twitter account and Instagram which I started up recently so follow me on them and keep up with my crazy life.

Happy Reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment