Monday, 2 November 2015

The Time I Met...


I FINALLY MET LEIGH BARDUGO! Yes the amazing Leigh, author of the Grisha trilogy and now Six of Crows. Guys, I still cannot get over the fact I met Leigh Bardugo, which was the first time I ever went to a book event - don't judge me - I mean I live in Birmingham which I know isn't that far from London but train journeys are just not my thing, also I'm not the type of person to put myself out of my elements but this was a big step to doing things I love. So yeah. 

Back to the book event, Leigh was so funny and just so lovely. She read a snippet from Six of Crows on Nina which was so good - like I said before because of university I haven't gotten the chance to read it but I will soon-ish. The Q&A was amazing, some awesome questions were asked and Leighs answers were just so good I mean who doesn't want to be a spy or even a heart-render. 

Leigh also gave some amazing writing advice which, sadly I wasn't able to live tweet but if you were able to go to any of these events then let me know in the comments below if you wrote them down or have a better memory then me. 

Then it was on to the book signing, my sister was unable to come with me so I had two lots of books to get signed, my arms were not happy with me. But speaking to Leigh face to face instead of the usual tweet here and there was surreal and will stay with me forever. I mean Leigh complemented my name and said in her own words "I might steal it". *freaks out* not even lying guys and if she does by all means use my name. Hehe

I also shared a personal story to Leigh and it made her happy emotional and that made me so crazy happy to finally share it with her. I also was able to meet Nina Douglas, who was absolutely amazing and so helpful and both Nina and Leigh remembered me from Twitter. #Score

And now it's time for the photos (Check out my Instagram for more)

These are the books I took to the signing,
these are just mine my sisters are not in this. 

The books I got signed and personalized. I absolutely love the messages some of them have. 



There you have it, a full event post of the Magic and Mayhem stop in Birmingham. Finally got the chance to use my Books Are My Bag for something other than university.
Happy Reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment