Saturday, 20 September 2014

Review: The Vampire Stalker by Allison Van Diepen

Summary


11135458Amy is in love with Alexander Banks. In fact, she's obsessed with him. He's brooding and handsome. He hunts vampires. 

He's perfect. 

The only problem is, Alexander doesn't exist. He's a character in a book. 

But, what if he showed up one day? 
What if he were somehow real? 





Review


Books, the life and soul of every book lover out there. What's even more amazing is the love we give to each and every character, whether they are good or downright evil. What if, one day your obsession becomes real and what you feared most came with it? Every book you read, I'm pretty sure there's the one character  that captures you heart and mind and once the novel is over, he or she is the only one you can think of. And then there's the one character that irks you and endangers everyone in their presence. That is exactly how this book is, a book about a girl fangirling over a book and a certain someone (pretty sure we can totally relate) and then BAM, somehow that one person is real, and is standing right in front of you, pretty damn awesome I say. 

This was such a short novel, that I did not want to end. From the very first page it takes us straight to a bookshop, where Amy and her two best friends are waiting ecstatically for the front doors to open and to have the feeling of a year wait to wash over them, and have 'the' book in their very hands. Is that not the best feeling to have with your best friends beside you when your getting books? AMAZING! The amount of times I have read this novel is countless, and whenever I pick it up to read again, I try to act oblivious to the  arrival of Alexander or Virgo. I act surprise when Amy's sister goes missing. I am shocked when Alexander kisses Amy or when he says to her "I should take you back to my world and marry you." Allison has done an amazing job with such a short amount of pages, when I first read it, I finished it in one sitting couldn't believe what awesomeness I had read, and then I expected another but there wasn't. But I was okay with that because of how this novel had turned out and ended.

Allison has done an amazing job bringing us this novel, full of action, suspense and definitely a lot FANGIRLING. I just have to emphasize on that part, why because it's the best part that I can relate too, especially with all the books I have fangirled over - so not going to say how many, the list is endless *Insert dramatic sigh* -. Each character played a major role in making this books a success, from Amy's two best friends, to Virgo's sister and James - Alexanders cousin - pstt he's really cute and loves Virgos sister - absolutely love it. This book brings a cleverness to each chapter, the immense need for this to happen to ALL book lovers but most of all how awesome it is to see it come true for a fellow book reader, even if its in a book. A must read for those in need for a little break from reality, this will definitely take you on a crazy ride.

The vampire Stalker - Allison Van Diepen 5 Stars




No comments:

Post a Comment