Saturday, 6 September 2014

Book Haul #2



It's Saturday and possibly the last one where I will be free from college work. *sigh* BUT I convinced myself that a little book therapy will help me get through this period of wallowing in self pity and it did, it REALLY did.



LOOK AT THESE BEAUTIES!!! I absolutely love the covers, so original cannot wait to start reading these. I was recommended these books a handful of times and I thought "It's time, it's finally time to become obsessed over another series of books". 

Summary


Geek Girl - From geek to chick by Holly Smale

Harriet Manners knows a lot of things.

She knows that a cat has 32 muscles in each ear, Bluebirds can't see the color blue, the average person laughs 15 times per day and peanuts are an ingredient of dynamite.

But she doesn't know why nobody at school seems to like her. So why she's offered a chance to reinvent herself, Harriet grabs it. Can she transform from Geek to chic?

Geek Girl - Model Misfit by Holly Smale 

"My name is Harriet Manners, and I am still a geek."

Harriet knows that modelling won't transform you. she knows that being as uniquely odd as a polar bear isn't necessarily a bad thing (even in a rain-forest). And that the average person eats a ton of food a year, though her pregnant stepmother is doing her best to beat this.

What Harriet doesn't know is where she's going to fit in once the new baby arrives.

With summer plans ruined, modelling in Japan seems the perfect chance to get as far from home as possible. But nothing can prepare Harriet for the craziness of Tokyo, her competitive model flatmates and her errant grandmother 'chaperoning'. Or seeing gorgeous Nick everywhere she goes.

Because, this time, Harriet knows what a broken heart feels like.

Can geek girl find her place on the other side of the world or is Harriet lost for good?


Both of these books sound amazing, and I just cannot wait to start the first book. I would have started reading book one straight away once I got home, but I realized the bottom back of the book was damage and I have to go back to exchange it. I know, wrong timing but it sure will build up the anticipation of starting Geek Girl.

Happy Reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment