Wednesday, 2 September 2015

Review | Hello, Goodbye and Everything In Between by Jennifer E. Smith

Summary


24485867One night. A life-changing decision. And a list...

Of course Clare made a list. She creates lists for everything. That's just how she is.

But tonight is Clare and Aidan's last night before college and this list will decide their future, together or apart.

It takes them on a roller-coaster ride through their past - from the first hello in science class to the first conversation at a pizza joint, their first kiss at the beach and their first dance in a darkened gymnasium - all the way up to tonight.
A night of laughs, fresh hurts, last-minute kisses and an inevitable goodbye.

But will it be goodbye forever or goodbye for now?

Review


When I saw on Bookbridgr that another epic novel by Jennifer E. Smith was being published, ya'll can imagine what happened, right? I can honestly say that I'm not a huge fan of contemporary romance novels, but somehow Jennifer has made her novels so simple and different that made me want to read her novels even more.

On some level I can relate to Clare and Aidan - not the whole breaking up part, come on, my one true LOVES are my books hehe - on moving to a new chapter in your life. The big step; University/College. I am freaking out and to have a book based on adventure, risk taking and starting something bigger, it was a nice break until I remembered reality but see this book - though not all of it- is reality, we all will start something new and it will be crazy as hell.

I really enjoyed reading this book, it was light hearted with some intense moments that were literally all about reality. Though at times I felt that the thoughts Jennifer tried to show us were repeated quite a bit, which kind of lead on a cycle of similar thoughts. But the flashbacks to each place on Clare's list was nice to show the readers the importance of them. And to think the whole novel took place in one night.

I loved each character and how different they were. Clare the practical one, Aidan the optimistic. I loved Scott, he brought humor and Stella was just really honest with everything, especially on how Clare was acting. I found each character really realistic and again Jennifer didn't make the sole purpose of the book to be of the break-up. It focused on friendship, loyalty and facing the truth even though its ugly and not what you want. It's about taking risks like Aidan and college, Clare and the sea, read it and you'll see what I mean.

Jennifer E. Smith has done a great job with this novel, I loved how relatable it is to my current situation. Though at times it was repetitive other aspects helped bring it back up. Seeing Clare, the perfectionist, stray from the list was great, character development right there. Such a quick and enjoyable read. I recommend this to you. Yes, you reading this.

Hello, Goodbye and Everything In Between - Jennifer E. Smith 4 Stars

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I just tagged you in the I Mustache You Some Questions tag. Be sure to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tag, will definitely check it out soon :)

      Delete