For those who do not know - and I question why, severely - the amazing and quite handsome Pierce Brown came to the UK for his first book tour, shortly after the release of the amazing and simply mind-blowing conclusion to the Red Rising trilogy; Morning Star. And if you have not read this trilogy yet, well, what are you waiting for?!
Some time earlier this month I found out Pierce was coming to the UK, I reserved my seat and everything. Then I was invited to the party over at Hodder HQ before the book signing. I fangirled hard, mentally sort through everything that needed to be done. And then the ultimatum happened; I found out I had exams on both days and I got the dates mixed up. Dammit! Sadly, wasn't able to attend the party but no matter what happened I was going to the book signing and it was spectacular.
I was lucky to be seated on the second row and to make it even more amazing nobody sat in the seat in front so my view was very much open and clear. Just before the event started I met up with two awesome howlers; Jenny and Tia who were absolutely amazing and we spoke none stop about Morning Star and all that had occurred with our loved characters. Also, they came in the best Howler cos-play.
The Q&A was hilarious, insightful and just showed how down to earth Pierce Brown is. The reasoning behind the creative swearing in the books was just too good, and the HAT OF DEATH... Pierce knows exactly what I'm referring too. The event then went on to the Geek Trivia; Pierce and a chosen ally from the audience against us Howlers. It was a close call, and damn Pierce is very competitive. Behold the following pictures that show how intent Pierce was on winning. Too cute and hilarious.
![]() |
| Did I mention how competitive Pierce is |
![]() |
| His excitement was contagious |
And finally, the books I got signed. I also got Pierce to sign my Howler bag because why not, it is not in the picture because I forgot, oops. Also, that is the tattoo that wouldn't stay on my hand, so I took it off and placed in Morning Star, looks quite good.
Hope you all enjoyed my rambling about this epic event and lived vicariously through this post, Waterstones is amazing and the renovations look absolutely spectacular. They also have a few signed copies of the Red Rising trilogy, just saying.




No comments:
Post a Comment