Friday, 4 December 2015

Review | Oblivion #1.5 by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Summary


25209521I knew the moment Katy Swartz moved in next door, there was going to be trouble. Lots of it.

And trouble's the last thing I need, since I'm not exactly from around here. My people arrived on Earth from Lux, a planet thirteen billion light years away. Plus, if there's one thing I know, it's that humans can't be trusted. We scare them. We can do things they only dream about, and honestly, we make them look weak as hell. 'Cuz they are.

But Kat is getting to me in ways no one else has,, and I can't stop myself from wanting her- or wanting to use my powers to protect her. She makes me weak, and I'm the strongest of out kind, tasked with protecting us all. So this one simple girl...she can mean the end for us. Because the Luxen have an even bigger bigger enemy - the arum, and I need to stay on my game.

Falling for Katy - a human - won't just place her in danger. It could get us all killed, and that's one thing I'll never let happen. 

Review


One thing I absolutely love about writing reviews is being able to relive the book from you own point of view. Since University has started *BOO* I haven't been able to pick up a book and simply enjoy it. When I saw on Bookbridgr that Oblivion, written in DAEMON BLACKS POV was available, I couldn't help myself. All thoughts of revision and priorities became foreign to me. I devoured this book in under 2 days, roughly six hours and loved every second of it.

What I love about Jennifer is her unique writing skills, I love the Covenant series, that's me saying that only after reading the first book. And the LUX series easily became part of my favourite series. I love how different they are, having two worlds for me to lose myself into. also I am #TEAMAIDEN and #TEAMDAEMON! (Completely off topic, but how would it go down If Alex and Aiden met Daemon and Katy... basically epicness overload).  Anyway though I so badly wanted to read Oblivion, I also had this nagging, annoying  doubt in the back of my head that Oblivion would be too similar to Obsidian. I know, ya'll must be thinking; 'They're the same book?' I know, but a different POV changes everything. And Oblivion didn't fail to prove that tiny annoying doubt WRONG! What I loved was being able to easily lose myself (In Daemon) into the novel and not compare, scouts honour no comparisons needed. Daemon POV was enlightening and hilarious. 

Reading over my review for Obsidian and seeing how I saw Daemon then... Oops delete, delete, delete. *Sorry your judginess is forever saved* SHIT! Basically, complete different Daemon, still cocky and beautiful but not intentionally a dickhead. And it pained me to see him go through that. Again, loved Katy; epic book vlogger/blogger. Queen of sass. And seeing what Daemon really thought about her was nice to read. Beside the constant and I mean constant reference to her "assets", we see why Daemon really fell for Katy. Seeing how the whole spaghetti incident went down was equally epic as the first time. That scene has a special place in my heart.

Jennifer L. Armentrout, I would like to thank you on behalf of all the Daemon fans out there, for blessing us with this novel. Fellow readers; you will not be disappointed, you will fall in love with Daemon again. And at the end, when the last page has been read, just like me you will be wishing... That Katy just reads Oblivion and Daemon - for once - reads Obsidian. No need for challenges. Get it together, guys. 

Yours sincerely, the Daemon fandom.

I should totally run for president for this fandom. *VOTE FOR ME*

Oblivion #1.5 - Jennifer L. Armentrout 4.5 Stars


If my review is not enough for you, I have a giveaway running on my Twitter. One lucky winner will win a copy of Oblivion. *bows* You're welcome.


Also my very good friend, Alisha, has written an epic review of Oblivion over on her blog at Reality's A Bore, enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment