Wednesday, 20 August 2014

Book Haul #1


I recently decided that alongside doing my regular review post, I will start doing regular book hauls all depending on when I purchase books or receive them from publishers in exchange for an honest review. This Monday I had to endure a long, painful shopping day for college essentials. I guess I somewhat regret leaving it so late, but don't worry I got through it with the help of my regular therapy; Book shopping.


These three beauties above are the only things that made me smile throughout the whole day, and I started Four by Veronica Roth for the Bout Of Books Read-a-thon that I am currently participating in. And it is AMAZING, I hope to do a review of it soon. 

Summary

Rain by Virginia Bergin:

One minute sixteen-year-old Ruby Morris is having her first proper snog with Caspar McCloud in a hot tub, and the next she's being bundled inside the house, dripping wet, cold and in her underwear. Not cool. As she and Caspar shiver in the kitchen, it starts to rain. They turn on the radio to heat panicked voices - 'It's in the rain...it's in the rain...' That was two weeks ago, ans now Ruby is totally alone. 
People weren't prepared for the rain, got caught out in it, didn't realize that you couldn't drink for the taps either. Even a drip of rain would infect your blood, and eat you from the inside out. Ruby knows she has to get to London to find her dad, but she just doesn't know where to start...After rescuing all the neighborhood dogs, Ruby sets off on a journey that will take her the length of the country - surviving in the only way she knows how.  

Solitaire by Alice Oseman:

In case you're wondering, this is not a love story.

My name is Tori Spring, I like to sleep and I like to blog. Last year - before all that stuff with Charlie and before I had to face the harsh realities of A-Levels and university applications and the fact that one day I really will have to start talking to people - I had friends. Things were very different, I guess, but that's all over now. 

Now there's Solitaire. And Michael Holden.

I don't now what Solitaire are trying to do, and I don't care about Michael Holden.

I really don't. 

Four by Veronica Roth:

Two years before Beatrice Prior made her choice, the sixteen-year-old son of Abnegation's faction leader did the same. Tobias's transfer to Dauntless is a chance to begin again. here, he will not be call the name his parents gave him. here, he will not let fear turn him into a cowering child. 

Newly christened "Four," he discovers during initation that he will succeed in Dauntless hierarchy. His decisions will affect the future - and the future of the entire faction system.

Two years later, Four is poised to take action, but the course is still unclear. The first new initiate who jumps into the net might change all that. With her, the way to right their world might become clear. With her, it might become possible to be Tobias once again.



Just give me a moment guys!!!

Yes, I am very very excited that I finally got my own copy of The Rain, Solitaire and Four! Hope to read them both very soon.

Happy Reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment